- Set up as an AP with SSID “r00tabaga-XXXX” (where XXXX is last four of the r00tabaga's wifi MAC address)
- No security by default
- Static IP Address 192.168.50.1
- Provides DHCP address in 192.168.50.x range
- Set up to request a DHCP address when connected
- After booting, the blue LED is off when no eth0 connection, on if live link on ETH0
- Charge or direct power the r00tabaga via the MicroUSB port. on its side.
- Power on the r00tabaga via the power switch next to the MicroUSB port.
- Once the r00tabaga is booted (the blue LED stops flashing and goes off) connect your computer to the Wireless network named "r00tbaga-XXXX"
- SSH to 192.168.50.1 (port 22)
- Login as root, password r00tabaga
- Plug the r00tabaga into an ethernet network. The blue LED should come on
- Through your SSH session on the wireless interface, inspect the network on the wired interface using tcpdump, nmap, etc.
- Recommended - Set a new root password using “passwd”
- Optional – Change the Wireless AP settings by editing /etc/config/wireless
- Optional – Change the Network settings by editing /etc/config/network
- Reboot after any changes using “reboot”
- If you cannot connect to the wireless interface, connect the wired interface to a network with DHCP and then use nmap on your computer to scan for the device to figure out what IP it received (nmap –sS –p22 192.168.1.1-255) – replace 192.168.1 with your network.
Once you figure out the IP you can SSH to the wired interface.